Modern surgery has progressed to the point that the amount of information and technical abilities necessary have led to surgeons specialising in certain areas, most commonly an anatomical section of the body or, on rare occasions, a specific method or kind of patient.
If you’re considering orthopaedic surgery overseas due to a lack of facilities or experienced orthopaedic doctors, you’ll be relieved to learn that thousands of international patients have done so. Whatever your cause, Travocure is always there to assist you in exploring your orthopaedic medical tourism choices.
Orthopaedic surgery is a branch of medicine that deals with acute injuries, congenital and acquired abnormalities, and chronic arthritic or overuse problems of the bones, joints, and soft tissues around them, such as ligaments, nerves, and muscles.
Going abroad for joint surgery or knee replacement can help you discover the finest treatment centre and prevent long wait times. In addition to having access to the top known medical facilities in India, you will be assigned to physicians who have conducted thousands of identical procedures, many of whom have travelled from Nigeria.
Most consultants operate in emergency trauma alongside general surgeons, dealing with bone and soft tissue injuries admitted through their local A&E departments. The great majority also have a specific interest in one or more orthopaedic conditions, such as the ones listed below:
- Joint reconstruction
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Shoulder replacement
- Elbow replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Wrist replacement
- Particular anatomical region (eg arm)
- Spine (alongside neurosurgeons)
- Bone tumour surgery
- Rheumatoid surgery
- Sport surgery
- Hand joint (small) replacement surgery
- Ankle joint replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery [MIKRS]
- Spine Surgery and Procedure
- Complex trauma surgery
- Paediatric orthopaedics require different fracture treatment due to growing bones and corrective treatment for childhood deformities.
Among the main procedures undertaken by orthopaedic surgeons are:
- Joint arthroscopy – A minimally invasive procedure for diagnosing and repairing damaged joint tissue that includes putting probes into the joint (eg to torn ligaments or floating cartilage).
- Fracture repair – Depending on the nature, severity, and location of the fracture, a variety of procedures are utilised to guarantee that the bones remain stable, heal properly, and the patient preserves function. This may entail the use of permanent pins and plates, immobilisation, external pinning, and frames.
- Arthroplasty – The replacement of whole joints, frequently as a result of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis The most prevalent surgeries are hip and knee replacements.
- General repair procedures on damaged muscle or tendon.
- Corrective surgery – Treatments targeted at addressing anatomical alignment issues that either hinder function or might cause long-term consequences if left uncorrected.
What Are the Benefits of Orthopaedic Surgery Abroad?
People opt for orthopedic surgery abroad, especially from Nigeria to India for several reasons. These include:
1. No Waiting Times; Immediate appointments are available
A prolonged waiting period might worsen your medical condition. If the disease is not handled effectively for an extended period of time, you may miss out on the opportunity to totally cure it. In other nations, the typical wait period for a consultation with a specialist is 3 to 5 weeks. The time between consultation and therapy is much greater. Fortunately, countries such as India provide simple, quick, and economical medical visits. You may always obtain the correct orthopaedic therapy of your choice here in a matter of weeks or even days. Our care coordinators collaborate closely with the hospital to obtain cost estimates and set up treatment dates.
2. Luxurious but affordable medical care from reputed and experienced surgeons
Many Indian hospitals offer five-star assistance as well as pampering treatments. We make certain that you have a pleasant experience from the minute you arrive at the airport until you return to your home nation healthy and recovered. Depending on your preferences, we can also make it possible for these facilities to also provide a private nurse, a private room, and a variety of additional luxury treatment choices, as we are preferred partners for most of the Indian hospitals. In addition, our selected clinics are accustomed to dealing with patients from abroad and are always eager to welcome them. Further, cutting-edge technology aids in precise treatment and recuperation in less time.
3. A vacation along with the surgery
Consider visiting the beaches of the beautiful tropical destinations or drive through the hilly wilderness of the highlands to interact with the local region before your orthopaedic surgery. You might be able to appreciate the culture better and will also help relieve your nerves. This is an opportunity to finally take that trip you’ve been putting off for far too long. In addition, cities with the greatest and most cheap orthopaedic facilities provide a variety of enjoyable activities. You may visit some local tourist attractions and eat some excellent local dishes.
4. Value differentiation
Many companies claim to but are unable to deliver the promise; however, we pride ourselves to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and healthy. Following are a few examples of activities where we will help you:
- Medical Travel Advisory: We collect your medical information and collaborate with experts to confirm medical treatment alternatives, as well as obtain quotes from various super specialised hospitals to determine the best treatment option for you. If necessary, we can advise you on any additional tests that may be required so that you are fully informed of your treatment choices. The best part is that depending on your preferences, we may also arrange for a remote medical opinion consultation with a doctor from abroad.
- Pre-Departure Assistance: Unlike many other companies, we do have representatives abroad, who will work with you on Visa paperwork, travel arrangements and/or planning the Trip.
- Inclusive Cost: Most of our cost estimates include transportation cost to and from Airport and place to stay for the patient and caretaker while you are getting the treatment at Hospital.
- Post-Treatment Care: Travocure makes post-treatment care seamless with partnership with doctors across the world. The company has partnered with doctors and leading international thought leaders across the globe. Our partner tele-health platform will enable you to get the consultation from the convenience of your home.
5. Treatment from Most experienced Surgeons and Doctors
Because India has the world’s second biggest population, there are a lot of individuals that need orthopaedic care. As a result, our doctors have the most experience because they operate on hundreds of patients with comparable illnesses each year. Furthermore, there is no language barrier – all physicians, nurses, and other hospital personnel speak English, so communication is never an issue.
The quality of treatment and the pricing are by far the most important reasons why individuals choose to get orthopaedic surgery abroad, specifically in countries like India & Nigeria. Unlike others, we exclusively work with reputable Indian institutions and negotiate the best treatment costs on your behalf. We may offer cheap deal complemented with service quality.
So, instead of delaying and suffering even more, fill out the form here and get the treatment started right now.