ME/CFS: What Is This Weakening Syndrome?
ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome) is a weakening and complicated condition. People suffering from this weakening condition are frequently unable to engage in their typical activities.
This condition may limit them to bed at times. Thus, patients have extreme exhaustion that does not improve with rest.
What Are The Symptoms?
ME/CFS symptoms might worsen after any activity, whether physical or mental. This is referred to as post-exertional malaise (PEM). Other symptoms may include sleep disturbances, difficulty thinking and focusing, discomfort, and disorientation. People with ME/CFS may not appear to be unwell. However,
- People suffering from ME/CFS are unable to perform in the same way they did before becoming ill.
- It impairs people’s ability to do daily duties such as showering or cooking.
- The condition frequently makes it difficult to maintain a work, attend school, and participate in family and social activities.
- The condition can endure for years and ultimately result in major impairment.
- At least one in every four ME/CFS patients is bedridden or housebound for extended periods of time throughout their disease.
Who Does ME/CFS Majorly Affect ?
ME/CFS may affect anyone.
While the sickness is most frequent in those aged 40 to 60, it affects children, adolescents, and adults of all ages. There is a larger impact on women than males among adults. Whereas diagnosis of this condition in white people indicates a higher rate than other races and ethnicities. However, many persons are undiagnosed, particularly those from racial and ethnic minority groups.
Why Aren’t There Enough Diagnosis?
People with ME/CFS are not identified for a variety of reasons, including restricted access to healthcare and a lack of understanding regarding the condition itself among healthcare practitioners. A few others are:
- Most medical colleges in India and throughout the world do not include ME/CFS as part of their professional training.
- Misunderstandings of the condition frequently happens which leads to dismissal by certain healthcare practitioners.
- More education for physicians and nurses is essential so that they can give patients with quick diagnosis and proper care.
For more information, visit us at Travocure or contact us.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!